Take it away, Jessie!
As a graphic designer, I’ve always had a love for typography, but I feel like good typography is often missed in traditional invitation designs. I'm hoping to help change that.
What sparked your interest in making wedding items?
I had so much fun planning my own wedding, even after it was over I wanted to keep looking through bridal magazines and websites. Eventually, I do hope to expand my business to include something for every aspects of a wedding. Honestly, I’d love to do everything from the invitations to the cake!
What else can we expect to see from you in the future?
Definitely more guestbook alternatives, my wedding tree poster is my most popular item by far. I’ve always felt like the traditional guestbook is a little outdated, and personally I never really understood the concept. To me, its just a book you’ll put away in storage and maybe never look at again. I do still think it is very important to capture a list of everyone who has participated in your very special day, but much like your favorite wedding photo, it should be a piece of art, something you can frame and enjoy on a daily basis.
What was the best detail of your wedding?
That's a tough one, I don't think I can pick just one detail. I was really blessed to marry a wonderful man on a very beautiful day. Everything was just perfect in my eyes.
The Save the Date and/or invitation usually sets the tone for the wedding. What advice can you give to brides as they select their wedding stationery?
Have fun with it! Your wedding invitations should not only set the tone for your upcoming wedding, but they should reflect you as a couple. Traditional invitations are great, but if that’s not who you are then don’t be afraid to do something a little different.
Links where we can find out more of your work:
Someday soon I hope to have my own website, but until then I am selling exclusively on etsy ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/lovliday ) I do have a facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lovli-Day/362603177086?ref=ts
Jessie is giving one lucky winner a $20 gift certificate to her store!
1) Go to Lovli Day on Etsy and comment on your favorite item for one entry! This is mandatory! Contestants who do not do this will be disqualified. Remember to leave your email address or some way to contact you with each entry!
You can add more comments to increase your chance to win if you do the following (please leave a separate comment for each additional entry):
2) Become a new follower of this blog (1 entry)
3) Are currently a follower of my blog (2 entries or 2 separate comments!)
4) Become a facebook fan of “I Do” Budget Weddings (2 entries or 2 separate comments)
5) Become a facebook fan of Lovli Day (2 entries or 2 separate comments)
6) Blog about the contest and include a link to the giveaway. You must also include a link to Lovli Day's Etsy shop in your post (3 entries or 3 separate comments)
7) Buy anything from Lovli Day(5 entries or 5 separate comments)
8) Heart Lovli Day shop on Etsy. (1 entry)
9) Follow “I Do” Budget Weddings on Twitter (1 entry)
10) Tweet on this giveaway and include a link to this giveaway in your tweet. (1 entry)
11) Subscribe to my blog emails (1 entry)
12) Grab my blog button located on the right sidebar and put it on your blog (2 entries)
The deadline to enter this contest is 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, April 7, 2010 (PST). A winner will be randomly chosen and announced the following day. Good luck! This Giveaway is closed.