So you’ve found The Dress…now comes the truly fun part—making the dress your own! Accessorizing can make your gown really stand out. As I searched for inspiration for my wedding day ensemble, I found Etsy shop BellaLu and Me. Laura from BellaLu and Me makes beautiful, handmade, vintage-inspired and yet surprisingly affordable jewelry. From strands of pearls, earrings, bracelets and precious stone necklaces, there is plenty of jewelry in Laura’s shop to create the perfect wedding day look! I received a pair of Golden Drop earrings from Laura and I was surprised at how a small, delicate piece can be rather striking. Made of freshwater pearls, plated gold and Swarovski crystals, these earrings evoke a sense of refined elegance. Perfect for the classic style bride and her bridesmaids! The shop is celebrating its two-year anniversary (or as Laura coins it--Etsyversary!) and she's offering free shipping on all orders in the US and Canada!
Without further ado, introducing Laura from BellaLu and Me!
What sparked your interest in creating jewelry?
I took a class at a community college for fun and I loved it! I couldn’t believe how I was able to create jewelry myself. I was hooked right away.
Swarovski Flower with Clear Teardrop Pendant Earrings
How long have you been creating your jewelry?
I started creating jewelry for myself, family and friends for about 8 years now.
What materials are your work made of?
I use the best; Swarovski crystals, Swarovski pearls, semi-precious stones, sterling silver and gold-filled metals. Occasionally I use gold plated items when they are not made in gold-filled.
Is there a specific motto you go by when thinking up designs for your work?
There is not a specific motto, it depends on my mood. Sometimes I feel a little feisty and make something big, bold and eye catching. But I do love classic, timeless looks which can be worn not just on your wedding day but to the many cocktail parties I envision women going to.
Which pieces of your work would you say would be perfect for weddings? Why?
Any piece that the bride is comfortable wearing would be perfect. The great plus about ordering from a person who makes jewelry is that it can customized. Looking for something larger, smaller, more sparkle: it can be done!
Amethyst Crystal and Freshwater Pearl Pendant Necklace
Tell us one interesting tidbit about your jewelry.
I often times keep the jewelry that I made and photographed (I then custom make the subsequent order). I can’t help it; I love every piece that I make!
Which piece from your collection is your favorite?
I love anything with the large rhinestones…the Brilla and Cute as a Button necklace.
What the best advice you can give to brides as they accessorize for their wedding day?
Wear something that you are comfortable with, but don’t be afraid to go a little bold! You should feel and look like a princess.
Links where we can find out more of your work:
Laura has been so generous in giving one of my lucky readers a pair of Golden Drop Earrings, made of freshwater pearls and Swarovski crystals.
1) Go to BellaLu and Me on Etsy and comment on your favorite item for one entry! This is mandatory! Contestants who do not do this will be disqualified. Remember to leave your email address or some way to contact you with each entry!
You can add more comments to increase your chance to win if you do the following (please leave a separate comment for each additional entry):
2) Become a new follower of this blog (1 entry)
3) Are currently a follower of my blog (2 entries or 2 separate comments!)
4) Become a facebook fan of “I Do” Budget Weddings (2 entries or 2 separate comments)
5) Blog about the contest and include a link to the giveaway. You must also include a link to BellaLu and Me Etsy shop in your post (3 entries or 3 separate comments)
6) Buy anything from BellaLu and Me(5 entries or 5 separate comments)
7) Heart BellaLu and Me shop on Etsy. (1 entry)
8) Follow “I Do” Budget Weddings on Twitter (1 entry)
9) Tweet on this giveaway and include a link to this giveaway in your tweet. (1 entry)
10) Subscribe to my blog emails (1 entry)
11) Grab my blog button located on the right sidebar and put it on your blog (2 entries)
The deadline to enter this contest is 11:59 p.m., Friday, April 2, 2010 (PST). A winner will be randomly chosen and announced the following day. Good luck! (This giveaway is now closed)