Newbie mistake #1: Don't jump at the first "deal" you see

Thursday, November 12, 2009 | by Newlywed | Labels: , , |

OK, this may not actually be my first pre-wedding screw up, but I'm sure it will be one of many. I headed back to Michael's today for materials on my first DIY trial (more on that later), and I found Michael's $1 bin. That's when I saw these Thank You cards. Now, stationary is actually really low on my list of priorities. It's not really something I'd splurge on. We've been lucky enough to have a friend design our save the dates and a print company to run them for free, and thanks to 50% coupons we purchased pocketfold invitations at Michaels for about $22 a box (not including the extra ribbon we purchased). But ten bucks for 100 Thank You cards? What a deal!


Ok, they might not be the most glam of Thank You cards, but they were good enough for me. Going home with my find, I perused the Net to find out if I had indeed found a deal.

That's when I stumbled upon Snapfish's $.09 postcards. No, not 90 cents, but 9 cents! You can personalize each 4X6 postcard into a snazzy Thank You greeting. That's actually cheaper than my $1 find, and much more personal and creative. Snapfish also has a deal where new members can get the first 20 prints for free! Attach a 27 cent postcard postage on each, and you can send out 100 thank you cards for less than $30.

Now my once golden deal looks a bit like a stinker. OK, they're still sufficient, but the shine has worn off a bit. So I'm headed back to Michael's tomorrow with hopes of returning them. Wish me luck!

*UPDATE: Returned the Michael's coupons successfully. You have 60 days to return an item for a full refund (with a receipt).

1 comment:

Ames Away said...

I just went to Michaels during lunch today and used the gift card you got me for my birthday! Thanks

Post a Comment