Tuesday, April 27, 2010 | by Newlywed | Labels: Blog Giveaways, Freebies, Vendor Spotlight |
Shopping for gifts for your wedding party is hard. Believe me, I know. You want something that they’ll appreciate and use, but something that’ll spark good memories of your wedding. And if you’re like me, you have to stick to a certain budget. Custom engraving can be add something much more special to the perfect gift. Champagne flutes for the parents that love a little bubbly? Engraving your monogram or wedding date to the set is a wonderful, endearing touch they’ll both love. What about glass beer mugs for the groomsmen who love to drink? Why not engrave their favorite sports teams to the glass? It will be at their side for all of their big games!
Enter PictureIt Creations, LLC on Etsy, a shop full of diverse personalized gifts for your wedding party! The products range from drinking glasses to desk accessories, photo frames, pocket knives, and even photography and vinyl décor. And the personalization is very affordable! I received a custom engraved glass beer mug from Taryn at PictureIt Creations, which she engraved with the San Francisco Giants logo (exactly what I had requested). I was surprised how big the mug was and the careful packaging to keep the glass damage-free during shipping. The engraving is precise and smooth. A normal 25 oz. mug is transformed into a nice, classy sports mug that any loyal fan would love. I thought the mug was nice enough to put in a case!
Without further ado, here is Taryn from PictureIt Creations!
Name: Taryn L. McCracken, PictureIt Creations, LLC
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Personalized 5x7 Glass Frame - Laser Engraved
What got you started in wedding related items?
I started PictureIt Creations, LLC in 2006 after becoming a mom and deciding not to return to work in finance. I wanted to do something that utilized my creative side. After offering personalized gifts on eBay and Etsy, Brides and Grooms have been the bulk of my client base because of the affordability and the versatility of personalization.
Groomsmen are often difficult to shop for. What makes the perfect groomsmen gift?
Groomsmen gifts need to be a little sentimental, practical and definitely unique to groomsmen. The gift is a statement from the bride and groom showing them their appreciation for celebrating and supporting them on their special day. It should be something they will use for years, not something put away and look at from time to time. And to make it perfect, it needs to have their unique style in mind.
Tell me something unique about your products:
My products are unique to the client and to the recipient. I have hundreds of fonts and clipart to choose from, and I don't limit the client on characters, lines, or images. I work with the client to design the gift they have in mind by putting together proofs and running test prints if necessary.
*Any other information about yourself or products you'd like to share?
I remember being a bride and spending months planning every detail of my wedding and keeping to a budget. I know the accomplished feeling I had each time I was able to check one more thing "done" off my list of things to do. I also remember the giddy feeling I had when something I planned, and paid for, came out PERFECT. Today, I am able to help brides have that same feeling.
Links where we can find out more of your work:
Taryn is giving away a pair of custom engraved 6 oz champagne toasting flutes to one lucky winner!
6 oz champagne toasting flutes
1) MANDATORY ENTRY! Go to PictureIt Creations Etsy shop and comment on your favorite item for one entry. This is mandatory! Contestants who do not do this will be disqualified. Remember to leave your email address or some way to contact you with each entry!
Additional entries (remember to leave separate comments for each additional entry)
2) Become a new follower of this blog. You must follow publicly (1 entry)
3) Are currently a follower of my blog (2 entries)
4) Follow PictureIt Creations’ blog (1 entry)
5) Become a facebook fan of “I Do” Budget Weddings (2 entries)
6) Become a facebook fan of PictureIt Creations (2 entries)
7) Blog about the contest and include a link to the giveaway. Each entrant must also include a link to PictureIt Creations in their post (3 entries) Please include a direct link to your blog post in your comment.
8) Buy anything from PictureIt Creations (5 entries)
9) Follow “I Do” Budget Weddings on Twitter (1 entry)
10) Follow PictureIt Creations on Twitter (1 entry)
11) Tweet on this giveaway and include a link to this giveaway in your tweet (1 entry)
12) Grab my button and place it on your blog (1 entry)
13) Subscribe to "I Do" Budget Weddings emails (1 entry)
14) Enter any one of my current giveaways and tell me which giveaway you entered (1 entry per giveaway)
The deadline to enter this contest is 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, May 10, 2010 (PST). A winner will be randomly chosen. Good luck! This giveaway is now closed.
*As the host of this giveaway, I received a custom engraved glass mug, however the opinions expressed here are my own honest observations of the product and shop.