Guys have it so easy!

Friday, December 18, 2009 | by Newlywed | Labels: , |

When you think about it...what do guys really do for a wedding? I mean, they have it so easy! Ok, they put all that effort into buying a ring and planning the big proposal...but what about the months into planning the big day? I think I'm pretty lucky that my fiance has been a huge supportive help throughout this process, but I've noticed that not all guys are like that. I watched an episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians on E! and Khloe's groom Lamar Odom boasted, "All I'm doing is showing up!" (OK, not the best example of a real couple, but I've heard a friend's fiance say the exact same thing.) Not only do we expect the grooms to take a back seat in the planning, but we make picking out the groomsmen's attire even more insanely easy! A bride can visit dozens of bridal stores and try on dozens of dresses before she finds "the one," and well, a guy can head to Men's Wearhouse and pick out his ensemble in just 30 minutes!
I accompanied my fiance to the Men's Wearhouse to pick out his suit. The Men's Wearhouse has probably the best budget friendly deal for groomsmen attire right now (other stores offer free grooms' tuxes as well, but you probably have to rent five or six). But with MW, rent four tuxes and the groom's suit is free! They have several choices, but to a gal who has never lived with any men in her life -- except her father who has never worn a tux in his life except on his wedding day -- they all look pretty much the same. And, honestly, I don't think you can mess up a suit-- guys can wear any suit and still look sharp! But, shoot, I wish brides can have that kind of deal -- can I get my dress for free, too? Oh, ok, enough wishful thinking.
My guy is pretty simple and prefers the classic black suit and tie. No bow tie and vest -- since it'll be an afternoon summer wedding, he didn't want anything too stuffy. So here's the look --







The Groomsmen are going with the Kenneth Cole black three-button suit (no vest) paired with a plum tie, while my fiance will be wearing a Calvin Klein suit, paired with a champagne-colored tie.


Along with a coupon we received at a bridal expo, each groomsmen suit is $128. If you rent at least four-- your fiance's suit is free! Nice! Men's wearhouse has a partnership with David's Bridal so their colors should correspond with the colors at DB. While DB does have a plum option, it's only limited to three styles (all in a fabric I wasn't crazy over). So now I am on a mission to find plum, fashionable and affordable bridesmaid dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment