The Recession Friendly Flower: The Carnation

Friday, October 9, 2009 | by Newlywed | Labels: , |


My crash course in species of flora begins now. The first flower studied: the carnation. These light, fluffy flowers look like colorful bundles of tissue paper, and they're often looked down upon for being less stylish than their floral counterparts (c'mon, I just compared them to tissue paper!). But I like them...bundle them together and they're oh-so-pretty! I saw these arrangements on Credit Crunch Bride and it got the DIY-inspiration wheels turning. Affordable and easy to make! Apparently, Credit Crunch Bride doesn't think the shades of purple thing does well with this flower (I don't think she likes purple, period) but I think it can look really purrty.




I dunno...maybe I'm just "crazy." But I like, and I especially like the price. I've seen wholesale prices for each stem at 60 cents to a $1. Not bad! Perhaps I can actually make 4 bridesmaid bouquets for $25 each!

No comments:

Post a Comment