Friday, February 19, 2010 | by Newlywed | Labels: Blog Giveaways, Freebies, promos and deals, Vendor Spotlight |
You have a diverse collection of items in your shop. What kind of items do you sell?
Being an interior designer I love fabrics, so I started my Etsy shop with pillows. However the more involved I became the more creative I got, so I started adding things like coasters and napkin rings. My parents live in Shanghai and my mom likes to keep busy by sending me pearls, so that's why I started making jewelry. I will always keep my jewelry collection small and it will probably always have a bridal feeling to it I have an obsession with weddings. But my next additions will be focused more on interior design again.
How do you describe your style?
Fresh, Flirty, Feminine, and Fun
Which pieces of your work would you say would be perfect for weddings? Why?
I think my jewelry is perfect for weddings. Pearls just belong on a wedding day because they have that feminine and romantic feeling to them. But I also make napkin rings and I have a lot of inquiries from brides who want to use them as part of their table decor.
What was your favorite detail of your wedding?
My wedding was the ultimate creative experience for me. I really cannot pick a favorite detail, I had a papaya and chocolate colored theme and I planned out everything around those colors including a smoked salmon appetizer because it had that papaya coloring to it. I am obsessive about details!
Any advice for brides-to-be out there?
The best advice I can give is to have a reception plan. I was caught up in the moment, greeting every guest, and being the best host I could be. But I forgot to sit back for a moment and enjoy the best day of my life. Don't forget to do that, even if it is for just a moment.
Links where we can find out more of your work:
I currently have all of my handmade product for sale on Etsy, but I am working on two websites. www.peltierinteriors.com is where my portfolio and virtual design will be, and www.houseofpeltier.com will be dedicated to all of my jewelry that I sell at local shows. This jewelry is not found on Etsy because it is not handmade. So stay tuned!
Now onto our giveaway!!!
Amy has been gracious in giving one lucky winner a pair of genuine, cultured freshwater pearl earrings! Each earring is accentuated by a knotted gold bead, and attached to a gold plated hook. They’re wonderful for a formal event (perhaps a wedding!) or even with casual attire!
Here are the rules:
1) Go to House of Peltier on Etsy and comment on your favorite item for one entry! This is mandatory! Contestants who do not do this will be disqualified. Remember to leave your email address or some way to contact you with each entry!
You can add more comments to increase your chance to win if you do the following (please leave a separate comment for each additional entry):
2) Become a new follower of this blog (1 entry)
3) Are currently a follower of my blog (2 entries or 2 separate comments!)
4) Become a facebook fan of “I Do” Budget Weddings (2 entries or 2 separate comments)
5) Blog about the contest and include a link to the giveaway. You must also include a link to House of Peltier’s Etsy shop in your post (3 entries or 3 separate comments)
6) Buy anything from House of Peltier (5 entries or 5 separate comments)
7) Follow “I Do” Budget Weddings on Twitter (1 entry)
8) Tweet on this giveaway and include a link to this giveaway in your tweet. Please include a link to your tweet. (1 entry)
9) Heart House of Peltier on Etsy. Please leave your etsy username in your comment so I may verify it. (2 entries or 2 separate comments)
10) Include “I Do” Budget Weddings on your Blog List, or on your homepage. Include a link to your blog so I may verify it (2 entries or 2 comments).
11) Subscribe to "I Do" Budget Weddings email list (1 entry)
The deadline to enter this contest is 11:59 p.m., Friday, March 5, 2010 (PST). A winner will be randomly chosen and announced the following Saturday. Good luck! This giveaway is now closed.
* Don’t forget, you can still enter to win a pair of earrings from Meadowbelle Market! (CLOSED)