Asian flair

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 | by Newlywed | Labels: , , |

Happy Chinese/Lunar New Year everyone! Not only was Sunday Valentine's Day, we also rang in the Year of the Tiger! My fiance is half Chinese, and we spent the holiday weekend with his family, eating oranges and other sweets, as is the New Year tradition.

As you might know from reading my blog, I plan to incorporate some cultural details into our wedding, including some of my fiance's Chinese heritage and my own Filipino customs. So in honor of the year of the tiger, I put together some of my favorite Asian-inspired details. So many lovely possibilities...which ones should I choose?

I heart parasols! On a warm, summer day, these are lifesavers! And they're gorgeous hanging from the ceiling! (Left: Bride and Groom, Right: Source)


 (Left: Wedding Nouveau, Rice Paper Fan: Source, Palm Fan: Source )
On a hot day, your guests will love you for these fans!

Lucky Bamboo: Source,  Mini Bamboo Steamer: Wedding Things

(Left: Style Me Pretty, Right: Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment