Introducing...my shoes!

Sunday, February 21, 2010 | by Newlywed | Labels: , , |

I found my shoes! Yep these purple kicks are mine! Before I tell you where I got them, I thought I tell you their back story. Remember how I yearned for a pair of purple-colored peep toe heels? Not just any purple pair--I wanted them to be plum, to match my bridesmaids dresses and groomsmen's ties. But I didn't think plum was such a rare color. It is. Not only did I want plum, I didn't want such a gigantic heel. I'm about 5'7, my fiance is just a few inches taller than me. He doesn't want me to tower over him. It's a guy thing. And maybe a girl thing too, cuz I don't really want to look like the jolly brown giant either.

So 3 inches was the tallest I'd go for my heels. Every shoe that I thought would be the one was a tad over 3 inches or 4 inches. Sorry, but an extra half an inch really does matter, especially in photos!

But once I found a pair of aggreable height and color, the sticker price is what dashed all hopes. $100? $200? $250? That's nearly as much as my wedding gown! All that for a pair most people won't notice? All that for the classic, "check-out-my-purple-color-shoes-under-my-white-dress" photo op?

I was about to give up on my plum-heeled obsession, when I found them. Plum-colored? check. No more than 3 inches high? check. Peep-toe? check. Affordable? Double check!
They're the exact shade I was looking for! And they're satin! But where did I find them you might ask?

I got them from Target.

Yep, Target. Gosh, as much as I'd been plugging them lately, you'd think Target was paying me. They're not. But don't hate! As you can tell, I'm not a brand name snob. But I know that designer labels and price don't always equate to quality. Sure, Mossimo ain't Mischka Badgley, but this pair is exactly what I was looking for!

The pair's called Isabella and I think they're only available online. They're comfy (following advice from online reviews, I ordered a half a size down, and bought a pair of heel pads as they're a little wide), they're cute and they're way below budget! I ordered them online for for a scant $31 (including shipping). Not bad for just a pair I thought I'd wear for just a day. I think I might even wear them again!

5 comments:

Holly Lefevre said...

Super cute shoes. Great color...and best yet a stylish bargain!
Holly
www.hipweddings.blogspot.com

Belinda C said...

I love them. Target.com......here I come! Thanks for letting us in on your wonderful find! =)

My Shining Lights said...

I love your shoes! Great job with the shopping!

Unpredictable Mom said...

What a FAB FIND!!!! Love them!!

Kippie said...

Gorgeous shoes! And so affordable to boot!
Toot bad they don't ship overseas, or I would make them mine in a blink of an eye.

Post a Comment