Wedding Recap: Our First Dance

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 | by Newlywed | Labels: , , |

Photo by our coordinator, Regina Bunye

We never practiced our first dance. We still were as stiff as two awkward junior high kids. But I dunno, I still look back and think what magical moment it was for us.

We decided to do our first dance number right after our introduction as Mr. and Mrs. T. We danced to Etta James' "At Last," a number I gather from wedding blogs and forums is considered quite overplayed, but we chose it because we both liked the song, and it was, thankfully, short and sweet. To add a little personal feel, my sister took to the mic and did a wonderful rendition of the number as we swayed the best we could to the track.

Sure, it wasn't a meticulously choreographed number. No funny dance moves. Nothing that would garner thousands of Youtube views. But I remember every moment. I remember how it felt being there with my new husband and everyone's eyes on us. I remember seeing our old high school and college friends' start to tear up. I remember what it felt to look into the eyes of my new husband. And to me, that's all that really mattered.

2 comments:

Belinda C said...

So sweet. That's how I imagine our dance will be also. Simple, sweet, romantic and magical. =)

Kristin said...

Love your first dance song! So classic and sweet!

Post a Comment