Without further ado, here's Dana from Lena Lime Studio!
When did you start Lena Lime Studio?
I started my business officially in January of 2010. I had dreamed of doing it for months but never could find the time to sit down and do the prep work for my site: research, website, pictures, etc. But then one evening, I broke my foot! I was grounded in my chair for a couple weeks and found plenty of time to do lots of work!
How would you describe the products you sell?
Beautiful, useful, and handmade!
What got you started in creating handmade bags?
My passion for sewing and wanting to make things I could use everyday. What's more useful than a gorgeous new bag?!
Which from your collection is your favorite and why?
It's so hard to choose! I'd have to say my clasp purses. If you would have told me 5 years ago that I'd be able to make one, I would have laughed and shook my head. They symbolize a successful business that I had never known was possible!
Tell me something unique about your bags.
My bags are loved. I take a lot of time to make each one and make sure its perfect (probably too much). From spending hours at fabric stores to make sure I have the right color match to spending hours planning the best outcome for each textile before I make a single cut. I won't make it or sell it if I'm not completely in love with it!
You can tell a lot about a person from what they wear. What can we tell about a woman and her purse?
I'd say, the bigger the purse, the more prepared that woman is! A woman who can leave the house with a small bag that just holds a phone and keys is brave. A woman with a giant bag full of answers for the "what ifs?" is talking my language! Got to love a big purse that can even hold the kitchen sink.
Links where we can find out more of your work:
Win a 7" clutch, or $20 gift certificate towards a large bridal order. Winner can choose from Dana's collection of fabric patterns.
1) MANDATORY ENTRY! Go to Lena Lime Studio on Etsy and comment on your favorite item and which fabric you would choose (visit Dana's Flickr account to view her list of fabrics). This is mandatory! Contestants who do not do this will be disqualified. Remember to leave your email address or some way to contact you with each entry!
Additional entries (remember to leave separate comments for each additional entry)
2) Become a new follower of this blog. You must follow publicly (1 entry)
3) Are currently a follower of my blog (2 entries)
4) Become a facebook fan of “I Do” Budget Weddings (2 entries)
5) Become a facebook fan of Lena Lime Studios (2 entries)
6) Blog about the contest and include a link to the giveaway. Each entrant must also include a link to Lena Lime Studio in their post (3 entries) Please include a direct link to your blog post in your comment.
7) Buy anything from Lena Lime Studio (5 entries)
8) Follow “I Do” Budget Weddings on Twitter (1 entry)
9) Tweet on this giveaway and include a link to this giveaway in your tweet (1 entry)
10) Grab my button and place it on your blog (1 entry)
11) Subscribe to "I Do" Budget Weddings emails (1 entry)
The deadline to enter this contest is 11:59 p.m., July 21, 2010 (PST). A winner will be randomly chosen. Good luck!
*As the host of this giveaway, I received a clutch purse for review, however the opinions expressed here are my own honest observations of the product and shop.